Regularly wearing the night splint helps to relieve joint pain at the base of the thumb, and limit the progression of basal thumb arthritis.
The Epitact rigid splint holds the thumb in a resting position, opening up the web space between the index finger and the thumb. The alignment of the bones limit the forces on the trapeziometacarpal joint and helps to relieve pain. Custom made; it is heat-mouldable, the Epitact splint is very comfortable and you may not even notice that you are wearing it while you sleep.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
This product is a night use splint.
Two versions are available: right hand and left hand.
– Follow the heat moulding instructions supplied.
– The splint can be heat moulded several times if necessary.
– Slip the splint onto your hand by sliding your thumb into the thumb section.
– Insert the hook and loop strap through the loop at the base of the thumb and tighten the splint gently around the wrist.
– Machine wash at 30°C
– Do not use stain removers (acetone, solvents, etc.)
– Leave to dry naturally. Do not iron. Do not expose to heat (>50°C).
– The product has undergone all the regulatory tests required by ISO standard 10993-1.
If, in spite of this precaution an incident occurs, discontinue use of the product immediately and inform Millet Innovation.
– Do not use on an unprotected wound.
– In the event of severe oedema: monitor the hand during use. Remove the splint if it is too tight and impedes circulation. When in doubt seek advice from your GP or your pharmacist.
– Do not use near a flame or incandescent material.
COMPOSITION: 53% heat mouldable plastic, 47% polyamide / elastane fabric.
Millet Innovation cannot be held liable in cases where the manufacturer’s recommendations have not been followed during use.